Tuesday 20 May 2014

Painterly Mobile Artist Anne Highfield


When I was fourteen years old, I remember discussing careers with my mother and telling her that one day I wanted to be a photographer. Being the practical woman that she was, she quickly responded that photography was a hobby, not a career, and suggested that I save my money to buy a camera. Ever mindful of her role in nurturing my talents, she bought me my first camera, a Pentax K-1000, for my high school graduation. Thirty years later, with the exception of just a handful of classes, I have never formally studied photography, but I love it just the same. I am now an elementary school teacher and enjoy the time that summers and unexpected snow days afford me to devote to other pleasures like photography.

Painterly Mobile Artist Anne Highfield

No comments:

Post a Comment